"Wherever you go...there you are." I am not sure why my Dad would always say this, but it has really become a reality to me lately. I sometimes feel guilty that life just goes on. It doesn't matter where you go, or where you are, life just still marches on the same. I have been doing a really good job at pretending that my Dad is still around. It is days like today that the reality really sets in. I miss my Dad. I have been doing so much reflecting about my childhood since he passed. I think about all of the good times that we had growing up, and all of the ways that my Dad sacrificed so that we always got what we wanted. He wasn't a real affectionate Dad, but we always knew that he loved us. I have been thinking about all of the wonderful qualities that my Dad possessed. He was such a man of his word...if he said he was going to do something, you knew darn well that he would follow through and do it. He was also a very honest man, he wouldn't even break a traffic law! He really instilled in me that you have to work hard for what you want, and that you had better take good care of what you have. I have always cherished that about him. He was always the first to lend a hand to anyone in need. He would always tell me, "you need to treat others the way that you expect to be treated." I have always tried hard to do that, but have never executed it quite as well as he did. I love you Dad...Happy Fathers Day.


I would like to wish my wonderful husband a Happy Fathers Day as well. He is such an amazing father to our kids. I just sit back sometimes and wonder "how did I ever got so lucky", I feel so blessed every day. He is so prideful and meticulous at everything that he does...not one blade of grass goes un-cut in our yard...not one vehicle left un-washed...not one tool out of place (It sounds a little like the man mentioned above doesn't it). I am so proud of him and all that he does for us. He helps out so much with Adelyn, I sometimes get a little jealous when she gets so excited to see him (she never squeals when I walk in the door). Kadyn always wants to do everything like "Daddy"...he wants to wear the same shorts, put on the same shoes, he even has to wear Ryan's deodorant and Cologne so he will "smell like Daddy" too. There is never a dull moment at our house, Ryan is always up to some sort of shenanigans! He is always plotting out a little prank, making up words to a song, or dancing a little jig (I will never forget the day he did the River Dance for me in his thermal underwear!) I have never laughed so hard in my life, we have so much fun together! You are one great guy, and we are your biggest fan's Daddy! We love you...Happy Fathers Day.

2 comments:
Your post made me cry too! I am sad your missing your Dad so much, I can't even imagine. I will be expecting to see said river dance, tell Ryan to put his tap shoes on and start practicing, I can do without the thermal underwear!
Ahh Lonnie. I can honestly hear the tears in your voice as you write this down.
You are a lucky girl to have such a great daddy and husband. Your dad will always be with you in all the wonderful memories you have.
I'm glad I got to meet the great daughter he raised!! And I'm happy to call you my friend.
BTW--- Little Miss Ady sparkles when she looks at her mommy. She loves you to the more than you know.
Post a Comment